Sunday 4 February 2018

Molested by a Cross Dresser at a Route 94 Gig

This is not a joke.

I'd put up a Meetup with Manchester Cool Bars and Clubs some weeks ago to see house music producer Route 94 in Gorilla, organised by Sanction Events. House music nights don't get as much response on the Cool Bars page as RnB nights, and this time I got only one other RSVP, who (predictably) didn't show. I wanted to see the DJ play anyway, so I lone-wolfed it.

I got to the door at 11pm and, being a guy on my own, security predictably searched me. Obviously I had nothing untoward, and they were just doing their job, so all was well by this point. By midnight the club was full, and the music was great. I was one of the oldest people there, with the clientele being mostly 18-24, except for one very old woman who I quickly realised wasn't a woman at all.

I basically did a two-step for 3 and a half hours, enjoying the music but essentially waiting for Route 94 to start. After a few hours I felt something trying to tickle my crotch. I looked down and followed the arm up, and yes, it's that cross dresser. I told him to fuck off. I've worked in the Gay Village before and I've dealt with this from gay people a number of times; the only way to dissuade them is to be abrupt. Don't be shy or awkward about it; don't try and be nice. Just straight up tell them to get fucked.

I did consider getting the door staff. If I'd have done that to one of the girls in there- which I DEFINITELY wouldn't, for the record, The doormen would have taken me outside and beaten the shit out of me. But If I'd have gone to the door staff and told them what happened, they would have laughed in my face. So I just ignored him.

I have no doubt that women receive abuse like this a lot more than men do, but that's no reason not to speak up.

Aside from that, it was a good night. People were generally chilled out and well-mannered, and I got talking to a group of guys- one of whom had also been asked for sex by the same transvestite. Said man came back over to the group saying, “Do any of you boys wanna shag me?”

No thank you,” I stated, speaking for the group (not that I knew, obviously).




 Cool DJs and great music. Here's me with Route 94:


At the end of the night, though, the cross dresser did walk out hand in hand with some young lad, so perhaps persistence pays off.

If you're reading this, Route 94, we were having a conversation about chips a while back.

I won't be putting any more ticketed events on Meetup as to get a good deal on prices you have to buy early, and getting people in the group to commit is too much hard work. I do want more house music nights and less RnB though so I will have to find a balance!

No comments: