Friday 22 December 2017

I skipped breakfast for a month

A post shared by Matt Tuckey (@matttuckey) on


In an attempt to lose weight I took up intermittent fasting, a technique used by many in which breakfast- the supposed most important meal of the day- is skipped, and the fast is broken at lunchtime.

This started working at first, and the kilos started to drop. I started at 83.3kg, and hoped to be a whole 10kg down- during advent, when people are throwing food all over the place. I found myself eating quite a lot in the evening, even after a full meal. I came down a little, but never below 81. Suffice to say, I had no luck. My weight went up at one point, dropping to 82.2 at the final hurdle. 1100g is better than nothing.

I have other ideas for dieting that I'll try later, but I'm contradicting my own long-standing belief that to be healthy, you've got to keep it that way and not even consider that you're 'on a diet'- you just don't eat crap as a habit. Sticking with the no-breakfast rule was easier than I thought, though, so I may keep that going.

It also helps if you don't hammer cocktail offers on Sunday afternoons, but hey, better that than Sunday nights.

No comments: