Wednesday 1 November 2017

NaBloPoMo / Excess Month Practical



November will be a very busy month. It's National Blog Posting Month in the States, otherwise known as NaBloPoMo. The principal? Upload a blog post every day, for the month of November. I've been meaning to give it a shot for some time, and it seemed a good time to tie in another blogging idea. This year, Blissful Lemon is taking the helm.

'Excess' is a two-part, two-month-long project that I'm bang in the middle of now. I've just spent a month watching films about people filling their lives to excess, with money, drugs, women, parties and other assorted chaos- all of which I have no knowledge of whatsoever. Honest. But, under pressure, these characters achieved a surprising amount. Jordan Belfort made millions in Wolf of Wall St whilst playing dwarf tossing and partying with models on a yacht (among other things). In Filth, Bruce Dickinson hit Amsterdam and hit the ground running, securing a promotion in work whilst drinking heavily and ingesting a substance or two.

I'm not going to straight up copy these characters, as I'm not a total idiot. But they sure kept busy, and had a few stories to tell by the end of the books / films they were featured in. And that's what I need. Content. Stories. And as my blog is about my life, I'd better get doing stuff.

No comments: