Sunday 10 September 2017

Kelly Llorenna @ Oldham Live



It's the 25th Anniversary of Set You Free, the 1995 dance hit from N-Trance, fronted by Oldham-raised singer Kelly Llorenna. Aptly, Saturday night saw the first Oldham Live take place in Parliament Square in the centre of the town.

I actually didn't realise that KL was the singer on N-Trance until I saw Oldham Live's lineup earlier this week. I made a plan to drop in.

I was a little late. I bumped into a colleague on the way, so sorry for my rambling northern commentary on the videos. Kelly gave brilliant renditions of her hits True Love and Set You Free.




A great performance. Shame the crowds weren't large, but old-school singers' audiences are always a little difficult to gather together. People have babies and whatnot.

Other performances included Oldham-born Clint Boon from Inspiral Carpets, The Farm, Gemma Hunt from Cbeebies Swashbuckle, Brother Beyond and Stooshe. Something for everyone, really. Great to see local talent that has made it big coming to give something back to their hometown.

No comments: