Saturday 19 August 2017

Amir Khan was Acting Very Single in History Club

Manchester Cool Bars took a trip to new club History last week, housed behind the Church of Scientology on Deansgate.

History, on Longworth St, has been open a few weeks now and is already considered the new celebrity hotspot. I had asked for guestlist from a girl who claimed to be a promoter for the club. On the door, though, the staff told me they didn't actually know the girl but also mentioned a few people had said they'd asked her for guestlist. Bizarre. It was £20 on the door whether on guestlist or not, and most people were. Considering LIV and Milton Club are £10 and Bijou is £15, I thought £20 for a small club was quite steep. It still filled up after a while, and with about 70% girls too.



I loved the club's futuristic décor and design. The podium dancers really stood out from the crowd, literally and in terms of other places with dancers too. I personally would have liked to have hears some different music- I thought some of the RnB was a little slow, and a lot of the tunes were the same as what you might hear in LIV, Bijou, Suburbia, Panacea etc. I was hoping a club called 'History' would throw in a few more underplayed retro tunes from the last couple of decades just to differentiate from the rest. Aaliyah's More than a Woman or something. Good to see Dax on Sax adding a little extra melody to the proceedings too.

Geordie Shore's Charlotte Crosby

Charlotte Crosby

Bolton boxer Amir Khan dropped into the club with his entourage, and seemed to be in high spirits considering his split from wife Faryal Makhdoom: He had a booth with a few hot girls who were happy to kiss each other in front of his phone camera. Fair play to the lad.



He was happy to pose with people and seemed pretty cool. On the flipside, some of the customers steadfastly ignored me, but hey, you can't please everyone.






 

I've waited til today to upload this as I wanted it to be part of my #psychologysaturdays themed posts, and to test how my phone helps my memory and my blogging. This is the first proper club night I've been on since getting the new Xperia X, so I wanted to put the smartphone to the test. The pictures came out pretty well, including the ones taken with the Selfie Light. Omninotes, the note taking app, is holding up. The predictive text means I'm not spending more than a few seconds at a time typing,and the layout is clear and easy to use. Text, images, videos and sound can all be collated within one note. The handset's a great mid-price alternative to iPhones and the like.

That said, I forgot to lock my keypad and when I was driving home I had my phone in my lap and butt-dialled / facetimed my mate's mum at 4am. Looks like I'm still getting to grips with the phone.

Manchester Cool Bars are going back to History on Saturday 2nd September. Get involved!

No comments: