Sunday 26 June 2016

A 10:30 meeting on Saturday morning was supposed to mean an early night Friday...


So after a few drinks around the Left Bank of Spinningfields I headed home, but was accosted by two women on Deansgate who were trying to find Suede. I took them to the hidden-away club on Longworth St but it was closed, so we wandered back onto Deansgate and I took them to The Milton Club,that backs on to the aforementioned venue.

As it was the last Friday of the month, their Soul Purpose night was going ahead- a monthly event featuring musical talent from either a singer or a DJ. This month, garage singer Kele Le Roc performed her hits Things We Do and My Love.

I had seen an advert for the event but I didn't think I was familiar until she started singing, and then memories of hearing the song while pissed on pineapple Bacardi Breezers in Ashton's Love Shack in 2000 came flooding back. Hmm. Yes, good times. Although cringey.

Anyway, back to 2016: A great performance with a friendly crowd.


Suffice to say, I was hella tired on the Saturday, missed the Anthony Joshua fight, and missed Bijou's reopening. (In attendance: Malia, ITV2's LoveIsland's briefest contestant. Oh well.)

One final thing: did you see my old college mate Chris Hewitt's spoof article going viral this week? Impressive work!

No comments: