Tuesday 10 May 2016

Doing the Splits with Peter F Hamilton


Over the last few years I've found 'novel' ways of reading and exercising, if you'll pardon the pun. It occurs to me that I've made four attempts at reading and planking, and only three at reading whilst practicing the splits.


 
 




So: I've done these projects as shortest book; month; longest book; record breaker. Not necessarily in that order. What's missing is a final attempt to beat the personal best at splits, which should take a while as I haven't practiced this in 2 years. I'm currently dualling the manual to my new Skoda Citigo (had it a month, still haven't finished reading the manual but it's a great non-addictive cure for insomnia) with Peter F Hamilton's The Evolutionary Void. I've slacked off with reading recently so now's a good a time as ever to mix some of this into my life. The Evolutionary Void is the third in the Void trilogy, something I've been hammering through since new year. The first 2 books I whipped through, as the weather at the start of the year was horrific and all I wanted to do was stay in where it was warm, and read. As winter (finally) ebbed off, I settled into The Evolutionary Void, the largest book in my to-read pile. It was my intention to hammer through it as quickly as possible, but as the weather improved, NHS appointments occurred (memory related stuff) and nights out became more frequent, reading was put on the back-burner. I also bought the aforementioned car, which took a chunk out of my time (and suffice to say my finances).

My record is 163cm. I've just sat down for a minute and got 150cm. I just want one more centimetre on my record. Now is the right time to spend a little time every day pushing my flexibility.

No comments: