Monday 21 March 2016

Easter Weekend Yeah?

So what's on the horizon this weekend? Other than devouring copious amounts of chocolate and nose-diving into sugar addiction and morbid obesity again? Well, no Easter would be complete without it. Likewise, no Easter would be complete without a few parties.

I might possibly be at Suede on Thursday for the reunion of Plush, a house music night that used to run in Ampersand. The club was in the same unit that now houses Suede, a smart, boutique venue with a large opulent mirror behind the bar and podiums and bookable booths.

I used to go to Plush nights at Ampersand in the summer of 2006. The music, atmosphere, DJs and regulars were all superb.



Previous Plush reunions had been held in Venus- I believe this is the first of its kind to be held in the original unit.

Good Friday is a family day this year, so I'm unlikely to be able to make it to monthly night Bamboo at LIV. Gutted. I've been to the last 2 Japanese-themed nights and they've both been superb. Having said that, Bamboo didn't get busy til quite late last time, so maybe...

Saturday: Showcase at Eivissa, AKA The Oxford Club is a possible, although last week was a bit of a misfire.

Easter Sunday: House music duo The Martinez Brothers are Djing at Sankeys on Radium St. I haven't had a proper night in there since I saw Armand Van Helden in 2004. I believe the place has changed quite a lot since then. We'll find out!

No meetups for any of these as yet, but keep your eyes on the Cool Bars group and this could change...

No comments: