Tuesday 1 December 2015

NaNoWriMo Ends


Yesterday was the final day of NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. As mentioned I have been dabbling with a screenplay that I wrote in 2005. I did this instead of writing a novel from scratch. I still believe the script has potential, but in order for it to be the best it can be I need feedback. In fact, I quickly found that I couldn't move forward with the project without advice. My plan was to revise the synopsis (which I did), then show it to feedback group Writers Connect. The meeting I managed to get to was cancelled, though, so I'm still waiting for a chance to show it to other people. After this, I'll use the feedback to adjust the synopsis and the manuscript itself, then bring in said manuscript in thousand-word chunks to see what the group make of it.

I may have another go at website Scribophile, a fiction critique website. I've just had a look after being away from the site for a couple of years. There is a screenplay subheading but there's no work currently waiting to be reviewed here, so if I entered my synopsis or screenplay segments they may not get that much attention. Anyone know of any good screenplay review websites? One site I was planning to use seems to have shut down its feedback section: Trigger Street Productions no longer have their “Labs” section for advice. I never even got around to using it.

Are there any other screenplay resources I should check out?

No comments: