Friday 8 November 2013

Retrospective: Captain America Filming in Manchester

I watched Captain America last week, the predictable Marvel tosh about a genetically engineered soldier fighting in a war in an alternate 1940s. It did what I thought it would do.

What a lot of people don’t know is that Marvel Studios shot a small portion of the film in Manchester’s Northern Quarter back in October 2010. At the time, I swung by to see what was happening. 














I didn’t see a great deal going on, other than a few extras in trilbies knocking about. One blogger / photographer was given access to the set. The posts were quite interesting. More so than the film itself, it must be said.

There were a few other big-name films shot in Manchester in the last few years. I’ll watch them before I blog them though…

No comments: