Friday 12 July 2013

My rap poem for Sing Date

I realise it's been a few months since I was on this show and I'm STILL banging on about it, but I wanted to offer you something straight from the cutting room floor of Princess TV.

Sorta.

The team asked me to write a love poem for my episode of Sing Date. Now, I HATE love poems. I think they're cliche'd and boring. So if you're going to ask me to write one myself, I'm going to have to twist it up a little and do it in a rap stylee. Cough.



You've turned on your TV and you hardly know me
You might have only seen me doing karaoke
But listen to the wisdom right now that I'm giving
I've made it this far on the channel Sky Living
'Cause Cupid's just sharpening up on his archery
So maybe you could find some room in your heart for me
Why not pick me and let this thing take flight
And you could be my Sing Date tonight.

So. This we filmed around the Oldham area, and was to be a big part of my segment. But it was not to be and the scene was cut, for reasons unknown. I'd had contact with the crew until just before the show's air date- 30th April- and not long after that, I asked them for a copy, reminding them that I don't actually have Sky. I got no response.

No comments: