Sunday 10 February 2013

Three Strikes: Week 11

Wowsers. I was on TV this week. I took part in The Year of Making Love last year, a TV show for BBC3. Details here. I could be on again in more detail in some of the subsequent episodes. So stay tuned! Mondays, 9pm.

I'm making steady progress on my scriptwriting challenge. I've got the new ink cartidge in the printer and printed off a synopsis I wrote for a feature film. Today I took it to feedback group Writers Connect, and the group gave me a few handy pointers. I've also got hold of a lot of written advice in PDF form. If I'm required to sit and read, that's what I'll do!



Django Unchained. Pretty good. Not keen on the use of rap music in a film set in the 1800s. Nor was I keen on Tarantino's terrible aussie (?) accent. Christoph Waltz (Col. Hanz Landa in Inglourious Basterds) shines again as Dr. King Schultz. I noticed a few stylistic nods to other films (The “n***** on a horse” idea was explored in Blazing Saddles, and the dual-gun shootout scene was no doubt a hat tip to John Woo's movies). Worth watching. Tarantino's characterisations are becoming more diverse, but his actual storytelling has reached a plateau. I've said this before- he needs to go back to simple, hard-boiled gangster movies.

This week I bought a huge bag of Magnum protein shake from XXL Supplies in Stockport. I've been looking around for a good deal on shakes, and this place seems to have the best offers according to my Facebook friends. (A lot are MMA fighters, so they know what they're talking about.) I start on it tomorrow!

I'm still sharpening up at the gym. Abdominal machine is up 1 notch. I've been stuck at this weight since September last year, and I've finally smashed it. Persistance is key. (I allow myself infinite strikes on abs movements, as I'm so obsessed with getting this mythical six-pack back.) My 10-minute run is up 3 speeds. This should shave off the fat in enough time, getting me the physique I once had.

No comments: