Friday 8 February 2013

Prawn and Chive Omlette

Ha-ha. Yeah, you sneaky fookin' prawns, heh?
-Wikus (Sharlto Copley) referring to the prawn-like aliens who have taken up residence in his home town in District 9 (2009).

The first one-pan dish in the Hairy Dieters cookbook is Prawn and Chive Omlette. I used real prawns from Tesco's fish counter, as opposed to fictional aliens.

This was a pretty simple meal to start off with, so kudos to the authors / editors for putting this at the beginning of the section.

I made a few errors due to my ridiculous memory- I listed out everything I needed, but not the quantities. So, at the fish counter in Tesco, I guessed at about 80g of prawns. The recipe lists 100g. Also, the instructions end with “serve with salad”. There was no mention of salad in the ingredients. I tend not to think outside the box when it comes to cooking- I just do what it says so I don't get it wrong. I didn't have any salad in at that point. Oh well!

It was nice though, and I surprised myself again with what I achieved. It wasn't that difficult at all. Small steps.

No comments: