Monday 28 May 2012

Workin' Out


Pic courtesy Si_Wilson, Flickr

"Nothin' to it but to do it" 
- big Ronnie Coleman, 8-time Mr Olympia

Wowsers! It only seems like yesterday that I booked that holiday. But no, I booked it in March, I went last week and now I've come back glowing red and with no more grasp of lotion factor numbers as I had when I went out. I mentioned here that I was planning to get back to my pre-moveout physique- the body I had before I left my mum and dad's- in time for a holiday in Tenerife. Well I came back from that holiday this week. Since March 27th, I've sharpened up like this:

Wide grip lat pull-down- 1 notch

Lifting the bar from waist level to chin level with backs of the hands facing outwards (if anyone knows the name of this movement, please tell me)- 3 notches

10 minute run- 9 increments in speed

Pulley pray (holding the V bar in both hands, kneeling in front of the weights, keeping the hands in front of the head, and bringing the head down to the floor) I'd been doing this for a while before I wrote the above post. During the time since 27th March, I found that anything higher than weight 17 was pulling my body off the floor. I resorted to performing 20 reps at each level, taking it from notch 9 on the first session to notch 14. I've been stuck there for a while, though, and not even due to body weight. I've hit a plateau.

Still, 18 improvements in 2 months. I didn't do much of anything else with my life during this time, as I was preparing from a holiday- which had some pretty impressive moments in itself. Stay tuned for a frankly mind-blowing Tenerife post soon.

No comments: