Wednesday 30 May 2012

I got Tweeted by the Kid from A Cop and A Half


A recent Twitter trending topic was #notintheenglandsquad , a list that presumably started out as a serious European football tournament discussion regarding players who hadn't made the grade, and why. It wasn't long before idiots like me came along and gave other self-explanatory suggestions for people who probably wouldn't be representing our country on the football pitch, including Abu Hamza, Heather Mills and Whoopi Goldberg. Okay, some of them weren't mine. Then I came out with this gem: 

“Norman D Golden II, the kid from 'Cop and a Half'. Y'know. With Burt Reynolds. He's not in it either.”

The next morning, Norman himself- now 28 and performing as a rapper going by the stage name Enormous- had found my tweet and replied! As it happens, he says, he does play soccer. But not at World Cup level. He and his boys, I can confirm, do enjoy a good kick-around. I can also confirm Norman as being a big-time Chelsea fan.

As a reminder, here's Norman's Magnum Opus:


What a guy!

No comments: