Friday 3 February 2012

Chips




What I say is that, if a fellow really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.

-A A Milne, Author

Well, yeah. Y'know. Potatoes are good. I must say, though, that I prefer them in chip form. Keda Black says use a deep fat fryer. I'm healthier than Keda Black. Thankfully, I can (vaguely) remember how my mum taught me to make chips her way.

  1. Scrub potatoes in water
  2. Cut into wedges.
  3. Put into a tupperware box
  4. Add olive oil, salt and pepper.
  5. Seal the lid
  6. Shake firmly to coat the wedges in the oil.
  7. Empty the contents onto a baking tray.
  8. My memory stops here. I asked Jamie for the rest of the info

I made this with steak (see this post).

A brilliant dish (aside from a complete lack of veg. Scurvy ahoy!)


No comments: