Wednesday 17 August 2011

R.I.P Phil Child



Phild Child, former manager of Brannigans bar in Manchester, passed away on Friday, 29th July.

I worked for Phil in the Peter St venue in 2003. I had a great time working there and he was a brilliant manager. An absolutely fearless man, he was known for making the doormen's jobs easier by throwing out troublemakers himself. He was also known for having incredible gift of the gab. I ended up working a lot more shifts per week than I’d told him I had time for- but he always looked after me. People on the Facebook group -myself included- have left their memories of this larger-than-life character. Some call him the king of Peter Street. Others say he was the life and soul of the party. I say his presence wasn’t just felt on Peter Street- the whole of Manchester seemed to know him.

It was an honour knowing Phil. In his early thirties he was taken way too soon. RIP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant mate, love this. He was a great man