Thursday 29 April 2010

So Much to Do

Automatic writing exercise

I've started about twenty writing projects over the past year that have been left unfinished- mostly fiction pieces, sci-fi, dramas, stories where the realism needs checking- problems have arisen that have stopped me from finishing what I started, in a lot of cases.

I wrote a draft of a short story about a young man with a learning disability who finds himself in trouble with the law after he gets involved with a woman. It isn't finished, because I need to find out more about Social Services- how it runs, and what the man's social worker would actually do in that particular scenario. Hence, this is an open call for advice from anyone with social work experience.

This is only one of many items that I'm dabbling with. I'd finish them off, and be done with them, but in order to catch up I'd have to barricade myself in my room and speak to no-one for the next month. Otherwise I'd do things and see things- road trips, visit clubs, watch films, get myself into absurd situations- all of which would warrant blogging.

Hence, this piece is over. Done.

2 comments:

Tom Charnock said...

why bother?

CageFightingBlogger said...

Do you mean asking for advice, finishing off the stories, writing that entry, or existing in contemporary society? I don't know the answer to any of those.